If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: v1.3 Non-gamebreaking bugs and observations  (Read 111 times)

v1.3 Non-gamebreaking bugs and observations
« on: January 13, 2020, 05:12:28 PM »
I got AtG about a month ago and have really been enjoying it, but I've also noticed some oddities while playing in which mechanics don't work or features are left out. This is in v1.3 through Steam on MacOS (on a fairly slow machine). Since these aren't fatal bugs, I decided to post them here; please feel free to move this post or let me know if it's in the wrong place.

• The Hillmen and natural Explorer bonuses seem to cancel each other out; if both modifiers are present, the unit acts as though it has no bonus
  • AI often takes a diplomatic action listed as TODO
  • In one game, I punished a clan for a crime, but the punishment button didn't turn grey; subsequent pushes of the button made the clan unhappier by one level, but didn't have any effect otherwise (I'll try to replicate this)
  • A surveyor being carried on a galley can make paths on the tile it shares with the galley (water)
  • After capturing an enemy settlement, I had two clans join at the captured settlement rather than my main settlement, making them unusable

I have some thoughts about features that may or may not be intended; these have more to do with balance/quality of life issues.

• There's no option to disable a resource as a food supply if you don't have it, i.e. If you pillage an Apiary for Honey but you don't currently have honey in your stockpile (or a Clan that uses it), it will automatically be converted into food
  • Units being transported on a galley are always in critical supply (bug or feature?)

I'll keep adding to this thread as I encounter more things, and possibly make a thread/comments on balance stuff. I still haven't quite wrapped my head around the game but it's a lot of fun, and I hope the small amount of QA/feedback I can provide can be of use.

Re: v1.3 Non-gamebreaking bugs and observations
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 04:09:50 PM »
Thanks a lot for the explanation !

TweakBox word counter Tutuapp
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:53:14 PM by burbigo1 »

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 01:04:02 AM »
A couple other observations:

• Traits that affect movement penalties (i.e. Woodsman) cancel out the natural bonuses of Explorers and Surveyors.
  • Fortifying your settlement while training a unit interrupts that unit?s production, as if you switched to producing fame, or packed up.
[ii]If you are currently training a unit in a profession and you choose to punish it as a result of a feud, it loses its discipline but continues training at the same rate. This can be exploited to make life easier.[/Ii]
[ii]Clans that become Angry or Resentful because their demands aren?t met do not revert to their normal state, even after the condition is filled. This sometimes results in dead weight clans that are stuck as Resentful. Not sure if this is intended or not.[/Ii]
[/list]

Having trouble formatting on mobile, sorry for the mess!

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:33:59 AM »
Also, if you play as the Huns, due to their limitation where they can?t build or capture buildings, you can?t actually capture Rome to win the game. You only have the option to pillage it (unless I?m missing something).