If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: v1.3.0 crash during autosave  (Read 217 times)

v1.3.0 crash during autosave
« on: December 24, 2019, 12:04:41 AM »
Here's a crash report.  The autosave serializer tripped over itself.

I had just ordered a captured clan wood gatherer to forage lumber.  It was the only wood gatherer, i think.

When i attempt to load the last autosave, the game crashes with what appears to be a similar error, so i'm attaching that file as well

Re: v1.3.0 crash during autosave
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 12:09:14 AM »
I confused my screenshot with the recentmost crash, so i was wrong about what happens when i load the save file.  It actually crashes like the new attachments.  They look like the kind of thing that happens when loading an invalid file, which is pretty logical.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 12:14:12 AM »
Just for one more test, I loaded the previous turn's save file and canceled the wood gather action.  Still crashed.  Here's that save file, in case loading the game in a working state is worthwhile.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 01:30:03 PM »
I also have a crash at autosave (I think), but most likely for a different reason.

From the stacktrace it looks like an expected key in a dictionary is missing when it tries to save all items. Attached is stacktrace as text, the Crash.Log and a savegame where hitting end-turn will CTD.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 08:59:58 PM »
I have a crash on the End of turn (AutoSave)? as well, but the Error message looks different than the other two, as far as I can tell. Basically, I told a unit to skip it's turn and then did Finish Turn. Then it went to the error message.

Windows 10
Nvidia GEForce GTX 1650
Intel i7-4820K