If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: [1.2.1] Neutral buildings captured have no resources left  (Read 56 times)

endymon

[1.2.1] Neutral buildings captured have no resources left
« on: August 14, 2019, 03:53:53 AM »
When I captured a neutral wheat Farm, after the initial unrest period I was expecting to receive some sort of resource production, instead after 5-6 more turns of nothing I discovered the reason. The wheat resource node that was under the building had long since been depleted (or maybe it never was there).
This is quite strange behavior. Why would there be a farm building on top of no resource. Or why would a farm that had become depleted still exist on the map. As a player I would quickly demolish said building and move the clan elsewhere, but these neutrals just sat there forever.

If this is intentional behavior to have resource nodes deplete underneath neutral structures, then might I suggest having a slower degradation than normal so as to give the player (or presumably the AI eventually) a reasonable opportunity to develop sufficiently to successfully capture the structure while some benefit remains?

It also feels quite severe to restrict captured clans to a permanent 50% production penalty. Especially when there is no way to get rid of a clan (unless it is captured). Why should I want to capture clans (using up precious clan slots) for a sub-par clan?