If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: enemy settlement takeover crash  (Read 543 times)

enemy settlement takeover crash
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:01:14 AM »
i try to capture an enemy settlement.. it says captured if i wait a turn it goes back to the enemy.. if i then attempt to pillage instead the game will crash upon attempting to end the turn.

Re: enemy settlement takeover crash
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 05:04:06 PM »
Take one of your armed units and park him on top of the enemy settlement indefinitely.   Whatever you do, don't enter or your unit will come back out as the enemy.   Because you can only have one city, you can never takeover their settlement.   Be sure to capture all the surrounding farms and mines.   

I think that crash is unrelated to the takeover.   My game crashes with the missing key issue almost every half hour. 

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 07:14:27 PM »
Take one of your armed units and park him on top of the enemy settlement indefinitely.   Whatever you do, don't enter or your unit will come back out as the enemy.   Because you can only have one city, you can never takeover their settlement.   Be sure to capture all the surrounding farms and mines.   

I think that crash is unrelated to the takeover.   My game crashes with the missing key issue almost every half hour.

ill try that and see if it helps. still keeping the post open tho in case someone else has another idea

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 05:12:10 PM »

ill try that and see if it helps. still keeping the post open tho in case someone else has another idea

Nope that doesn't even help at all the game auto crashes when i try to go to the next turn. to clarify everything was working flawlessly until i tried to "annihilate" an enemy. no crashes prior to that decision.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
i try to capture an enemy settlement.. it says captured if i wait a turn it goes back to the enemy.. if i then attempt to pillage instead the game will crash upon attempting to end the turn.

Fix Attempts:
Reloading from a previous save prior to conquering - (Failed - Ends in inevitable crash upon capture or pillage end turn)

Destroy/Capture all surrounding enemy structures then proceed to park troops on enemy settlement - (Failed - Ends in inevitable crash upon capture or pillage end turn)

Reloading from a previous save prior to conquering and instead of leading to attack/conquer abstain from battle - (Failed - Crashes on End of Turn)

Start a Clean Save - (Failed - Ends in inevitable crash upon capture or pillage when conquering at end turn)

Verify File Integrity - (Failed - Makes no Change still results in inevitable crash)

Fresh Reinstall of game - (Failed - Makes no Change still results in inevitable crash)

Updated hardware drivers - (Failed - Makes no Change still results in inevitable crash)

Full System Virus Scans - (Failed - Makes no Change still results in inevitable crash)

[Progress Report]
Issue Status: Unresolved
Current Date: 2/27/2019
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 04:36:12 PM by sunako911 »

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 04:36:53 PM »

Fix Attempts:
Reloading from a previous save prior to conquering - (Failed - Ends in inevitable crash upon capture or pillage end turn)

Destroy/Capture all surrounding enemy structures then proceed to park troops on enemy settlement - (Failed - Ends in inevitable crash upon capture or pillage end turn)

Reloading from a previous save prior to conquering and instead of leading to attack/conquer abstain from battle - (Failed - Crashes on End of Turn)

Start a Clean Save - (Failed - Ends in inevitable crash upon capture or pillage when conquering at end turn)

Verify File Integrity - (Failed - Makes no Change still results in inevitable crash)

Fresh Reinstall of game - (Failed - Makes no Change still results in inevitable crash)

Updated hardware drivers - (Failed - Makes no Change still results in inevitable crash)

Full System Virus Scans - (Failed - Makes no Change still results in inevitable crash)

[Progress Report]
Current Date: 2/27/2019

[Progress Report]
Current Date: 3/01/2019

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 11:42:13 AM »
Is this still a problem with v1.0.1? If so please upload a save file and I'll take a look. :)

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 05:35:57 PM »
Is this still a problem with v1.0.1? If so please upload a save file and I'll take a look. :)

- Jon

after further investigation, i believe its a problem with the update being applied to old version saves.

to fix the issue for everything except my Pre v1.0.1 save i had to fully erase all things relating to the game (uninstall + remove all game files in steam folder) and reinstall.

the old save file that i backed up still has constant crash problem and i cannot proceed with the "gamesave at said point"
im not sure if im entirely accurate on the diagnosis of the problem but perhaps im in the right area

here is the broken save...

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 04:29:21 AM »

- Jon

after further investigation, i believe its a problem with the update being applied to old version saves.

to fix the issue for everything except my Pre v1.0.1 save i had to fully erase all things relating to the game (uninstall + remove all game files in steam folder) and reinstall.

the old save file that i backed up still has constant crash problem and i cannot proceed with the "gamesave at said point"
im not sure if im entirely accurate on the diagnosis of the problem but perhaps im in the right area

here is the broken save...

i just got back to a "conquering point" in my new save post v1.0.1 i attempted to capture "the Huns" while playing as "alemanni" it said the Huns' were unlocked upon doing so however the settlement swapped back to the Huns' color (yellow) from my color (orange) out of curiosity to see if the crash would repeat as it did in my pre v1.0.1 gamesave i tried to load a earlier save 1 turn prior to that decision and i received the same error i posted before. i then relaunched the game loaded up the save and attempted to pillage this time.. oddly every time i pillage it refuses to acknowledge their defeat and destroy their building permanently causing them to endlessly rebuild the settlement. this is a bit different from pre v1.0.1 gamesave's problem however this doesn't force crash the game. i attached a post v1.0.1 gamesave below of the aforementioned game 1 turn before (capture/pillaging) test for you to examine should you wish to do so.