If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: 0.9.1 file name cases on GNU/Linux crash (FIXED in v0.9.3)  (Read 934 times)

0.9.1 file name cases on GNU/Linux crash (FIXED in v0.9.3)
« on: January 02, 2019, 07:33:02 AM »
On GNU/Linux (Debian 9), I have to rename 2 files to fix their case:

Code: [Select]
atg="$HOME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Jon Shafer's At the Gates"

mv "$atg/Content/Images/Units/Harvester/Harvester_Walk_Se.xnb" "$atg/Content/Images/Units/Harvester/Harvester_Walk_SE.xnb"
mv "$atg/Content/Images/Interface/Icons/Professions/Kilnmaster.xnb" "$atg/Content/Images/Interface/Icons/Professions/KilnMaster.xnb"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:22:31 AM by Jon Shafer »

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
Re: 0.9.1 file name cases on GNU/Linux
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:10:15 PM »
Thanks so much for these reports David! It's hard for me to test on Linux so getting this info from you is super-valuable. Do you happen to have a list of all the fixes of this sort you've had to make? I'm going to do a big final sweep to fix these things once and for all here in the next week.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 03:58:17 AM »
Hi Jon,

The list of these 2 files is actually complete, I didn't encounter other bug of this kind. I'll play '0.9.2' soon and report anything I find!

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 04:26:12 PM »
Okay, this should finally be fixed in v0.9.3!

If possible it would be great if you (and any other Linux users!) could delete your current installation, backing up whatever files you want to restore later, and then trying to install from scratch again. I don't have a local Linux machine so it's really tough for me to do testing for that platform.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!

Re: 0.9.1 file name cases on GNU/Linux (FIXED in v0.9.3)
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 11:07:52 AM »
Hi,

I just tried on fresh install of 0.9.3 on GNU/Linux (Debian 9) to start several new games and play several turns, and didn't see any bugs

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
Re: 0.9.1 file name cases on GNU/Linux (FIXED in v0.9.3)
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 11:21:06 AM »
Gotcha, thanks. I'll dig into things a bit more with the guy I know having trouble.

If anyone else is having trouble getting a freshly-installed Linux version of AtG working please post in this thread.

- Jon