If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: 0.9.1 Crash - Out of Memory Error (FIXED in v0.9.4?)  (Read 348 times)

UsF

• View Profile
0.9.1 Crash - Out of Memory Error (FIXED in v0.9.4?)
« on: December 31, 2018, 09:07:50 PM »
Game crashed with "Not enough memory available to continue running this program". The game window closed immediately. I was ending a turn. Error message and Log were attached. The memory usage showing for the ATG error message was less than 300MB, however that might not be the main window that was closed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:26:59 AM by Jon Shafer »

UsF

• View Profile
Re: 0.9.1 Crash - Out of Memory Error
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 10:17:37 AM »
The crash occured again, this time while trying to load a savegame of the same round to recreate an issue. This was unfortunately not reproducible.
Also when I keep reloading savegames to check if other errors/bugs happen, I get that memory exception regularly, but not instantly. It seems to happen after some time of gameplay.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:43:55 AM by UsF »

UsF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 01:56:05 PM »
Another one.
General system specs, just in case:
Windows 10 Professional 64 bit
AMD Ryzen 1700
Nvidia 1070 GTX
32 GB RAM

Edit: Those issues might happen, because I alt-tab every time I end the turn to check/do something else. Maybe the game doesn't like the mixture of borderless windowed and alt-tabbing right now.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:46:26 AM by UsF »

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
Are you (or is anyone else) still seeing this in v0.9.2? We've made some big optimizations which will HOPEFULLY fix the issue, but can't be sure until there's been more rigorous testing.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!

UsF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 05:55:31 AM »
I have not had the issue happen again so far, but didn't have much as time for testing as I did last week.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 08:48:12 PM »
Same here, v0.9.2 hasn't run out of memory on me yet.  Much more stable.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 10:47:14 AM »
Great! That's what I was hoping to hear. Let me know if you do see anything here again, and please make sure to get a screenshot of the error message - with that we can probably fix the issue before release, and without, maybe not.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!

Re: 0.9.1 Crash - Out of Memory Error (FIXED in v0.9.2?)
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 02:20:03 PM »
in 0.9.3, had an out of memory error.  I added it to the Insufficient Memory error posting: http://forums.conifergames.com/index.php?topic=2253.0

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
Re: 0.9.1 Crash - Out of Memory Error (FIXED in v0.9.2?)
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 08:26:53 AM »
Thanks, we've made further improvements in v0.9.4. Please let me know if you see it again.

- Jon