If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: Will At the Gates have multiplayer?  (Read 968 times)

Will At the Gates have multiplayer?
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:05:25 AM »
Hi, I am interested in "rule your own country" games. Since there are only few, and there is lack of info about this game, I have a few questions which I hope you will answer. According to the trailer, it looks like it will be mostly a singleplayer game with one predefined map. Will this game have multiplayer support? I've read that modding support is also planned, does it mean that there will be map editor too? Also, asking about the gameplay, if it's not strictly-set and sandbox-friendly can I play 'tall', meaning succeed by trading/economy instead of blind land conquest. Thanks!

P.S I've heard nothing about this game previously, just brought myself here through news

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
Re: Will At the Gates have multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 11:44:35 AM »
Welcome to the forums yavl!

There won't be any multiplayer in AtG, but the maps are all procedurally-generated. The plan is to eventually release a map editor and a detailed map of Europe built into the game that you can play on, but that will be down the road.

It's very much possible to build tall rather than wide. In fact, you technically only ever own one "city" in AtG, which is where all of your originate from. You can train clans in different professions and have them claim things across the map, but focusing on your core area is definitely a viable strategy.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:59:51 PM »
Too bad on MP, however, this looks like an instant purchase from what I have seen.
Will Steam be the only sight to purchase? Hoping for Slitherene or GoG personally.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 12:20:34 PM »
You'll be able to purchase the game from our website and receive a Steam key and DRM-free download, on the Humble Store, or via Steam. I'm hoping for more eventually but that's where the game will be available on release day.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 06:21:29 PM »
Great news, looking forward.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 07:54:11 AM »
It would be great if AtG eventually makes it to GoG, it's my favorite.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 08:46:47 AM »
I agree!

- Jon