Author Topic: In the meantime, what are you playing?  (Read 7663 times)

In the meantime, what are you playing?
« on: February 08, 2013, 11:30:18 PM »
I'm stuck on Crusader Kings 2, Conquest of Elysium 3, and Dwarf Fortress.

What are you playing right now? What do you think of it?

Re: In the meantime, what are you playing?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:35:21 PM »
COE3 is awesome, but I am bored with it. Try my mods (Guildmaster, etc).

CK2 I struggle with. I'm just not devious enough.

Amongst roguelikes, FTL was a bit of fun.

In TBS land, Fallen Enchantress continues to develop, XCOM was fun (but limited), Eador is a good HOMM clone and Civ V is due for some renewal.
  • Steam
  • Windows 7 HP, SP1
  • English (Australia)
  • i7 2.67Ghz, 64
  • GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  • 1920x1080

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 09:20:43 AM »
I haven't played any games in a couple months now (!) but I was in the middle of Persona 4 before things got crazy. I also have a HUGE backlog... Wanna get back to CK2, XCOM, Dishonored, Shogun 2, Unity of Command and so many others. I've bought CoE3 but still haven't played it. But first, gotta finish P4!

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

Jonathan Christ

• Tech Director
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:23:59 AM »
I've been playing League of Legends.  XCOM and FTL are definitely on my list to try out, though.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 01:33:25 AM »
LATELY... I've been playing Alpha Protocol and looking at the dialogue system and how it uses character interaction as a mechanic. Other than that, I've got quite a backlog of THQ and other games and Bioshock: Infinite looks more and more interesting  (sometimes in a bad way, but more good than bad) every time I see something on it.

Favorites of 2012: The Walking Dead, Spec Ops: The Line, Far Cry 3, among others. XCOM and Dishonored are certainly fun to look at and fantastic revivals of long dead genres, but there's some flaws in their design the way I see it.
Game design is the fusion of art and structure, the domain of the Architect.. - me, just now.

Proud owner of a digital hug and official backer of At The Gates.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 03:06:06 AM »
I am playing Civ V for a month or so (do it 2 or 3 times every year), after doing a couple of mods with the DLL release and the new expansion I got renewed interest, but as always I end up finishing 1 out of 5 or more games only. Boring mid/late game, most of the times when you know you will win for sure, or loose, or that it will take a long time for that to occur. Did a mod to extend the medieval period so that most of the game played during it, the tech race was not so important and the combat with those units seems more natural.

Also a big fan of Battle Academy from Slitherine, low level wargame with nice graphics and interface, very good mod support and excelent developer relation with the community.

I still cannot forgive Firaxis for their null mod support in XCom, still play it also from time to time.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
Crusader Kings 2.  Recent game I am a Greek King of Nubia who has chopped the balls off of several of my rivals.  Castrating and baby killing are game features that should be added to every game. 

I'm also watching tons of old star trek episodes while playing ST:O, nerd factor 9.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
Hahahaha - good ol' CK2. Love that game. Need to find more time for that one.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 06:40:44 AM »
Hunter, if you enjoyed COE3 and are bored of it now, you should try Dominions 3 if you haven't already.  You can grab it at Desura now and they are on Steam Greenlight up for voting.

I have been keeping busy with Dominions 3 in multiplayer, the roguelike ToME4, and some Path of Exile with my wife.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 07:14:15 AM »
Hunter, if you enjoyed COE3 and are bored of it now, you should try Dominions 3 if you haven't already.  You can grab it at Desura now and they are on Steam Greenlight up for voting.

I bought and played Dominions 3 when it was released, which seems to be about a million years ago. Now I can find the manual but not the disk, so I cannot re-install it. Hell of a game, although it needs some changes to freshen it up. I expect there will eventually be a DomIV?
  • Steam
  • Windows 7 HP, SP1
  • English (Australia)
  • i7 2.67Ghz, 64
  • GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  • 1920x1080

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 10:24:10 PM »
Lots of Fallen Enchantress (game keeps evolving with each patch),  Civ V G&K's with loads of mods so I can play as totally merciless Vikings.

Ray

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »
Fire Emblem: Awakening

An introduction to the series for me and a great one at that.

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 10:40:02 PM »
Defender's Quest, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Awesomenauts, and Resonance.
---
Heisenberg is out for a drive and is going quite fast. A cop pulls him over.
"Do you have any idea how fast you were going?" the cop asks him.
"I might have," replies Heisenberg, "but blast you, you just had to go and measure it!"

Eleima

• Geek Goddess
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 01:52:59 AM »
Oh gosh, the pile's pretty big, but at the moment, I'm tackling Guild Wars 2 (which I love and can't seem to stop playing), XOM: Enemy Unknown (pretty good, definitely give it a try if you like turn-based strategy) and NightSky.  StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm is up next, but there are a loooot of games on my "to play" list.

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »
Primarily bouncing between Borderlands 1 and 2, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Sleeping Dogs, and Civ V: G&K with a splash of From Dust (just got it on Steam Sale).  Got some other games on my To Play list, but not yet.