Author Topic: Worlds of Magic Kickstarter  (Read 1901 times)

Worlds of Magic Kickstarter
« on: October 15, 2013, 05:58:48 AM »
Hi, please support this game over on kickstarter. Its based upon the old classic"Master of Magic"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wastelands/worlds-of-magic/?ref=kicktraq

Thanks  8)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
Re: Worlds of Magic Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:20:39 AM »
I'm fine with people sharing stuff that they're interested in, but straight advertising isn't allowed. Please post some content about this game in the next couple days or I'll be locking this thread.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:36:31 AM »
Er I am interested in this game. Its turn based , and like I said its heavily based upon the old classic master of magic. For more info why not visit the kickstarter.  Im in no way involved with making the game other than being an enthusiastic kickstarter backer. Who wants to see good turn based games succeed.  I would have thought you were of similar mind. This is the first time I have ever had such a reaction. I apologize. I thought it would be ok remove it if you must. I backed your game for the very same reasons above, and must say, that im a bit disappointed at the reaction.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:12 AM »
I apologize if my reaction was too strong. It obviously wasn't your intention, but your initial post looks exactly like something an advertiser or bot would spam on several forums just trying to get clicks. This has become increasingly common with the rise of crowdfunding and Steam Greenlight over the past couple years, and blatant advertising without any content is a problem I've had to deal with in the past.

Please don't misunderstand - I'm actually very interested in Worlds of Magic and would love some discussion about it here. My goal is simply to discourage threads that are literally nothing more than "hey, check this out!" plus a link. A couple sentences about what the game hopes to do differently from other spiritual successors, excerpts from the Kickstarter page or preview articles talking about its biggest features, etc. would help give people a starting point for interesting discussion.

I hope you can understand where I'm coming from, and sorry again for my harsh reply!

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 01:39:38 PM »
Having seen what ad/spam bots can do to forums, I think it's a good idea to make sure there is more than just a link posted.

That being said, thanks for bringing this to our attention zdsdead and thanks for explaining your reason for more information Jon.
Steam
Windows Home Premium 7 -64 bit + SP1 (English)
Intel i5 Quad Core 3.2 GHz
6 GB RAM
AMD R9 270 2GB
1600x900