Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 39742 times)

Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 06:00:01 PM »
Hey there!

My name's Bernd, I'm a software developer (C#) and I live in Austria.
I'm a big fan of the whole Civilization series, and the concept of AtG really intrigued me, so I decided to support this project.
Over the last year or so I backed quite a few Kickstarter projects, mostly video games. And yeah, I like playing games, on both console and PC.

And before it gets too long, just one last thing:
Good luck with AtG! :D

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 06:33:14 PM »
Greetings, all!

Name's Josh, and I'm about to get my B.S. in Mathematics, hopefully moving on to graduate work afterwards. I've been playing games since I can remember (seriously, my first distinct memory is Yoshi's Cookie on the Game Boy) and I love games that make you think instead of twitch. Either that, or games that are so over-the-top that they can't be taken seriously at all. (I'm looking at you, Just Cause 2.)

I'm also a Theatre minor, and I'm neck-deep in directing a production of The Glass Menagerie right now. It's a different medium, but I know a little bit about the artistic process you're going through. Other interests include Miyazaki films, Whedon TV shows, and Sarah Ruhl plays.

I don't remember who exactly I heard about your Kickstarter from (someone on Twitter, I think), but the premise and the video convinced me. I can't wait to play it!

EDIT: The username is a reference to Five Iron Frenzy, one of my favorite bands of all time. So good.

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 07:34:08 PM »
I'm Aaron. I'm a social worker living in Nashville, TN, but I grew up in the Detroit area near Mr. AtG Programmy man Jonathan Christ (we met in junior high art class, where we played desktop paper football instead of doing art).

I have always been a big fan of strategy games (real-time and otherwise) and really got into the Civ series starting with Civ 3. I have played more Civ 4 than I can reasonably estimate (Jon can attest), and really got into the Paradox games starting with HoI 2. I am not a very hardcore gamer, but I love history and strategy, so I'm really excited about AtG (my friendship with Mr. Christ not withstanding).

I am also looking forward to June when I return to Michigan for a vacation, and ply Jon with Thai food in exchange for being able to check out the game in whatever form it is in.

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 09:12:15 PM »
Finally joined, lets get this party started

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2013, 11:55:45 AM »
Looking forward to some good discussions.

Are you gonna put Mansa Musa in the game?  :D
  • Steam
  • OSX 10.9.4
  • USA
  • 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
  • Intel Iris Pro 1.5 GB
  • 2880 x 1800

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2013, 01:34:34 PM »
Looking forward to some good discussions.

Are you gonna put Mansa Musa in the game?  :D

Hmmm... maybe in an expansion. ;)

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2013, 08:06:49 AM »
Hi! I'm Bogdan. I live and work as an IT Controller in Austria.

I played the first Civ games a lot and I am a big history fan. That's why I played quite a lot of Caesar III and AOE series. I really liked the idea behind ATB so I decided to back it up. And I am looking forward for the testing.

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
Hi I'm Erik. I'm a medical student from New York and a long time civ fan. I also enjoy history as a sort of hobby, so any historical 4x game (especially with civ roots) has my attention. Sadly I'll be too busy and poor to do any play-testing, but I am still very excited for AtG and the new features it will bring to the genre. Best of luck with development!

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 10:13:15 AM »
Artist  from Belfast here.  Chuffed to be in on the start of such a massive project.  Been gaming since the days of Infocom and Microprose, and I am really gob smacked at the way things have evolved.  ATG being a prime example.  Cheers, everyone.

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2013, 02:24:26 PM »
Hello everyone. I am a gamer from the United States. I have been playing PC games since 1989.

At the Gates looks like it will be a worthwhile pastime so--like so many others--I contributed. I hope it is as successful as, I'm sure, all of us want it to be.

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2014, 12:02:10 PM »
Hi, another german here. Been playing video games for some 30 years, preferably roguelikes, strategy games and rpgs. Lately I've been bored with the bloated endgame 4Xs tend to have, and I think it was a podcast on strategy (end-)games that pointed me towards AtG. Liked the concept, but manfully resisted getting the early access version... till the recent gameplay video hooked me and pulled me in.
  • Steam
  • Windows 10 Home
  • German (de)
  • Intel i7 4720HQ
  • GeForce GTX 960M
  • 1920x1080

elanaiba

• Gamedev by day, toddler whisperer by night
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2015, 04:43:29 AM »
Hi, I'm Dan :)

I've been playing games since 1992 or something, and have fond memories of games such as Aces of the Pacific, F-117, Syndicate, Ultima VII, SWOTL, Panzer General, the original XCOM and ... Colonization, which for some reason At the Gates reminds me of?!

In the time meantime I have become a game developer myself, working mostly for the Romanian studio of Ubisoft as game designer on Silent Hunter 3 / 4 / 5 and other titles. And now I've gone indie, have launched a title via crowdfunding / Steam Early Access - Door Kickers. Life is better as an indie.

My return to the Civ series was with Civ 5, which I played a lot. This lead me at some point to notice At the Gates, and here I am :)

• Running Steam Version!
  • OS Language: English
  • CPU: i5-4570 @ 3.2 GHz
  • Video: AMD Radeon HD 6450 / 1GB RAM
  • 1920x1080; can also go for 1920x1200 - if I play on my home computer

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2015, 03:48:43 PM »
Hey, I'm cYsmix.
Nice to meet you all. I'm a friend of Jon, and right now, I'm making some of the SFX for the game. I'll stick around if everything goes as planned!
I'm the guy who made the current clicky sound, and most likely a few other sounds that will slowly make their way into the game.
I think this game shows a ton of promise, so I'm willing to give it my all.

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2015, 04:46:10 PM »
Are you by any chance the same cYsmix who made this song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLRiGco9IK4
  • Steam
  • Windows 7 x64
  • English (US)
  • Intel Core i5 750
  • AMD Radeon HD 5830
  • 1920 x 1200 (running game in windowed mode at 1900 x 1080)

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2015, 05:38:22 PM »
Are you by any chance the same cYsmix who made this song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLRiGco9IK4

Yup.