If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: v1.0.1.5  (Read 45 times)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
v1.0.1.5
« on: May 17, 2019, 11:31:39 AM »
v1.0.1.5 is now up in the unstable branch. It wraps up a major batch of changes to the caravan to help make it easier to use, more strategically relevant, and better-balanced.

Additionally, the unstable build should now work for Mac and Linux. I'm seeing an issue on my Mac where the first time I try to launch the game after updating to v1.0.1.5 or after switching from the default branch to unstable it locks up my whole system and I have to do a hard reset. This doesn't happen for me on Windows, and Iíve heard from someone that things were okay for them on Linux. Is anyone else on Mac (or Linux) seeing this on their end?

Save compatibility has been broken by todayís new unstable build (v1.0.1.5). This will happen rarely, probably with each major update (v1.1, v1.2, v1.3) but Iíll try to keep this to an absolute minimum. Sometimes itís necessary in order to replace existing systems and in this case the way the caravan works is so fundamentally different it would have taken several additional days of work to both make the new changes and allow old games to be continued. From now on you can use the Ďunstable_oldí beta branch to continue playing with the last version uploaded before save compatibility has been broken, just in case you want to finish up an ongoing game before upgrading.

The plan is for v1.1 to be posted next Friday (assuming no major bugs pop up and I can figure out why the game is locking up my Mac after updating). The big changes in v1.1 compared with the last main branch update (v1.0.1) are related to food consumption, economic balance, and the caravan and on the whole the early game is now much tougher. v1.2 is planned for late June and will focus on making the Romans a bit more interesting and tackling a few quality of life issues (specifically, improving a few of the screens). v1.3 is planned for later this year and will tackle the AI and diplomacy. In the meantime weekly builds will continue to be uploaded to the unstable branch every Friday.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!