If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: How about a competition!?!  (Read 111 times)

How about a competition!?!
« on: February 06, 2019, 06:57:24 PM »
At this point I think it may be fun to compete to see how fast a game can be won. Either victory can be used but I don't think that at this point they can be compared accept academically.

For either victory type I think a game score should be the number of turns over distance in hexes to the Roman capitol. (The distance should not be traced through mountains. Rivers yes since there are ways to cross rivers) For example a 500 turn in which the roman capital was 100 hexes away would give a score of 5. Tie breaker could be cash on hand. Players exchange files at end of competition. My assumption is that conquest victory will always be faster.

What else needs to be considered?
Who's up for a competition?

Re: How about a competition!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 01:56:29 AM »
I think after the caravan bug is fixed it would be more fun. Right now it is too heavy unbalanced for that kind of competition.

Re: How about a competition!?!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 01:59:15 AM »
You are probably right. I'd be happy to play with no caravans, though there is no way to insure someone doesn't trade. I'd be willing to use the honor system.

Still looking for an opponent!