If you've contributed via Kickstarter/PayPal/Humble at a level where you're entitled to private alpha test access or a Supporter badge please send Jon Shafer a private message with your email address.

Author Topic: Release Date: January 23, 2019!  (Read 604 times)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
Release Date: January 23, 2019!
« on: December 11, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »
I'm incredibly excited to announce that At the Gates will be officially released on January 23rd, 2019!

It's been a long road, almost 7 years now, and it's a bit of a surreal feeling to be honest. This game now spans over 20% of my lifetime. That's, well, not exactly what the plan was. But here we are. There's some additional work to be done on AI, balance, and a couple minor features, but other than that the game is just about there.

I think it's really good, too. I've been playtesting a fair bit the past few months, and while the game certainly has its rough edges it really is a new kind of 4X experience. It's a tough game, and it can be a slow grind, but from day one I always wanted to build something that would take the basic genre formula and push it a bit more. The game won't be everyone's cup of tea. But from a place of having hard time even launching the game for a while I've now grown to love it, and I know a lot of other people will too.

So thank you all for coming along with me on this journey. I know it's not always been easy. But "the gates" are finally just in front of us now.

Along with this announcement I've prepared a number of different cool things related to the game:

The game now has a proper Steam page - please wishlist us, even if you've already contributed or pre-ordered!

We've created an official game trailer.

The AtG website and these forums have been redone.

PC Gamer will have a hands-on preview for the game up shortly (will post a link when it's available).

I'll also be sharing a short, interesting tidbit about the game on Twitter every day between now and release, and on Sunday nights a new article will go up which digs a bit deeper into a feature or cool development story.

Thanks again everyone, and I can't wait until everyone will finally be able to play At the Gates!

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!

Re: Release Date: January 23, 2019!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »
Good luck with your launch!
I saw you got an article on the PC Gamer website Link. Despite some bugs they seemed to like it.
Maybe RockPaperShotgun, Eurogamer and Quill18 would be interested as well?
If you could also get Sullla and the Realms Beyond community on board that could be a real feather in the cap.

Edit: How about a Stockholm Launch Party?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:25:27 PM by Coin »

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 02:35:03 AM »
Okay, cool.  I haven't been keeping up all these years, but looking forward to playing it.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
    • View Profile
    • Jon Shafer on Design
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 09:12:56 AM »
Okay, cool.  I haven't been keeping up all these years, but looking forward to playing it.

It's finally almost time!

Good luck with your launch!
I saw you got an article on the PC Gamer website Link. Despite some bugs they seemed to like it.
Maybe RockPaperShotgun, Eurogamer and Quill18 would be interested as well?
If you could also get Sullla and the Realms Beyond community on board that could be a real feather in the cap.

Edit: How about a Stockholm Launch Party?

Thank you Coin!

Definitely still bugs and balance issues in the game, will be a couple of the things I focus on between now and January 23rd.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at contact@conifergames.com. Thanks for your support!