Author Topic: Mid-April 2018 Update - Playtest Thoughts  (Read 346 times)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
Mid-April 2018 Update - Playtest Thoughts
« on: April 18, 2018, 09:20:27 AM »
Hey all,

This mid-month update will be dedicated to some of the general thoughts I've had while playtesting. It's more or less a copy of my own notes, and should give you an idea of what sorts of things I'm thinking about as both a player and a designer.

I've actually decided to just provide a link to a Google Doc this time around, as the text formatting options here are pretty lame and rather than spend an hour copying everything over and making it look nice it's a whole lot easier to just point you all at something that already works (something I may do again in the future for similar posts!).

Here is the link to the playtest thoughts doc.

We'll be back in a couple weeks with a continuation of my playtest log from last update.

'Til then!

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

Re: Mid-April 2018 Update - Playtest Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 09:14:50 AM »
I really like the change to shift to starting with only gold.  Before it felt like the clear option was to wait and buy 10 lumber from the first caravan and build a tier one building.  Now the options seems more open.

One thought for the foragers issue:  perhaps they could identify deposits faster and/or receive bonus resources upon identification?  This would give a short term boost and create a trade-off
  • VERSION Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM - Windows 10
  • SYSTEM LANGUAGE - USA
  • CPU - Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40 gHz 12gb ram
  • VIDEO CARD - GeForce GT730m
  • SCREEN RESOLUTION - (1920x1080)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
Re: Mid-April 2018 Update - Playtest Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 09:08:01 AM »
Good thoughts, and definitely things I'll consider. Want to nail down exactly what the role of foragers is before I decide on anything though. I don't think having them simply be "the thing you do before you have enough timber to start building structures" is quite enough, and want to make sure they fit into the broader design.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!