Author Topic: Issues and suggestions V23 alpha  (Read 2918 times)

Re: Issues and suggestions V23 alpha
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 08:30:39 AM »
Hi again Clayffo,

I hadn't appreciated at all how important trading posts are though obviously it depends on the dice roll whether you have site(s) for one nearby.

What a difficult game and one that I think will be wonderful eventually but will certainly need adjusting for playability. Even without  the AI doing anything it's hard enough and will surely be more so when they are activated properly.

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Jon

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 11:55:36 AM »
Hi again,

A simple question but I can't find the answer.

How do I stop a clan from being angry and refusing to work. I didn't notice the request at the time - obviously my fault - but even after acceding to it they remain grumpy and refuse to do anything.

Cheers,

Jon

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 05:57:01 PM »
you have to look at their traits and preferences.  Some of them have specific requirements, like "prefers not to be a explorer, trader, or surveyor" or "prefers to be outside the camp" .  Additionally, if someone else on the same square has committed a crime and you have not punished them, the other party will get mad.

there is a random chance that two clans will not get along for no good reason.  at that point, one of them has to be reassigned to another square.

A good strategy is to assign people with qualities like "no other clan can commit a crime on the same square" or "raises all clans on the same square up by 1/4 happiness" to your camp, even if that person would have bonuses to doing field trades. 

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:32:18 PM by clayffo »

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 07:16:07 PM »

Hi again Clayffo.

Yes I understand perfectly well about the traits. This guy is a creative woodsman and got angry when he had a feud and i didn't immediately banish the other guy. I now have a notification saying "This request has been satisfied" but he remains angry with -2 from "request not being granted." I gues this may just be a bug.

I don't have any emollient bods so I can't stick one in my settlement. I wondered if you could use oil or something to reduce their stroppiness.

Cheers,

Jon

Re: Issues and suggestions V23 alpha - crash
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 05:27:27 AM »

Hi,

I'm still not on the alpha forum so can't post crashes there.

I've just had one which crashes to the desk top and is self explanatory - winer fruit farm - image not found

Cheers,

Jon