Author Topic: Jon Shafer joins Paradox!!!  (Read 1932 times)

Jon Shafer joins Paradox!!!
« on: May 13, 2017, 12:39:02 PM »
Source:
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/Jon-Shafer-PDS/

I stumble upon ATG sometime ago and very want to play it, but it is hard to believe for me, that game will be accomplished soon...
On the other hand, I like Paradox games and I'm very interested in what is his project there... If he will also complete ATG I'm in heaven ;)

Re: Jon Shafer joins Paradox!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 12:50:12 PM »
Also, check out how much he changed on the photo...

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 01:36:53 PM »
Wow, he looks like an entirely different person!
However, I am more interested on when he plans to finish At The Gates!
Steam
Wndows 7 Professional 64 Bit
English
Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA)
1920 X 1080

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 06:33:07 PM »
He looks like someone who is relieved to move on from the pesky backers who expect something for our money

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 11:49:23 PM »
Or like someone who may have suffered from a significant health issue.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 02:52:26 PM »
Yes those cripling health issues like 6 months for a broken rib and " mental health issues" lasting 2 1/2 years.   Got it he's too frail to work on our project but good enough for paradox . 

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 02:52:02 PM »
He's now half way though his promised 3 month sprint to the next milestone on July 31st. Hoping he'll actually stick with coding through then and actually deliver... with that in mind, probably best he avoids backers to keep his spirits up - LOL.
Humble
Windows 7  Pro SP1
English-US
i7-4770 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB Ram
GTX 750ti
1920 x1080

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 10:26:16 AM »
Yes those cripling health issues like 6 months for a broken rib and " mental health issues" lasting 2 1/2 years.   Got it he's too frail to work on our project but good enough for paradox .

As someone who did freelance consulting thru health issues but was forced to take full time work for health insurance, I think you are being pretty dismissive. But maybe you are in Canada or Europe or somewhere with a modern Healthcare delivery system?

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 01:18:46 PM »
Gene the man left a job that had health insurance and asked for this project.  He received 2.5 x more money than he asked for (100k vs. 40k) Don't talk to me about not having health insurance when he could and should have planned to carry insurance as part of the business plan.   

Secondly, he has been either non responsive or had flat out lied repeatedly over the last 2.5 years since he released the alpha.  If fact, he just lied again 6 weeks ago declaring he would start updating us every "few weeks" when in fact he has done no communicating.  The fact that Jon,  a man who makes his living on a computer, cannot spend 5 minutes a week to post on any public forum, shows that he's either hiding something or not telling the truth.

When Jon wants to start acting like a responsible adult, I will give him some respect.  Until then, there will be no slack

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 01:00:58 AM »
Hell hath no wrath like a gamer scorned.

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 01:58:43 PM »
You tell me where I'm wrong and I'll correct it .  Otherwise stop supporting bad behavior. 

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 11:51:47 PM »

Well, I have ask 2 times for a refund and ask again tonight ! I have never heard nothing. Damn Jon give us some info or refunds ...we put our trust in you and gave you our money. I have never had an experience like this and I will be very cardful who I give anything to again. $50 what a magic trick ......vanished !!!!

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 04:12:03 PM »
Didnt you get a partially finished game?

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 08:58:00 AM »
You tell me where I'm wrong and I'll correct it .  Otherwise stop supporting bad behavior.

This. All of these apologists and excuse supporters annoy me. He stole our money and people are somehow okay with his (frankly bullshit) excuses.

Jon, I don't like you. We used to be friends until you decided to turn in to a complete slimeball.
www.eXplorminate.com - 4X News from 4X Fans!

Steam
    Windows 8.1
    English
    i7 3.2 Ghz, 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 770
    1920x1080