Author Topic: Seriously, WTF  (Read 30769 times)

Re: Seriously, WTF
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 01:45:51 PM »
I have played 0 zero hours as I did not spend the money needed to get the alpha.  I would be happy to play the alpha for 50 hours and call it a deal if that was offered.

Secondly the reason that developers set dates and expectations is specifically to get things done.  He set the dates and expectations as an expert in his field.  If he's over his head and it will takes years more to develop, then there needs to be a discussion, not silence. 

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 03:35:52 PM »
Last communication I've seen from him was a note on a general gaming forum that he was alive, and still working on the game ("Currently working on faction traits").
That was a month ago.

:(
Humble
Windows 7  Pro SP1
English-US
i7-4770 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB Ram
GTX 750ti
1920 x1080

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 11:54:24 PM »
Jon is a con artist.

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 03:50:58 PM »
No, he is a Ron Artest.

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 02:49:25 PM »
I think he's a talented game developer going through some personal problems thats tanking his dream of being an independent developer. Damn shame, as the alpha is really just missing an end game/meta goal.
Humble
Windows 7  Pro SP1
English-US
GTX 750ti
1920 x1080

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 10:14:13 PM »
I'm not a big fan of using "personal problems" as an excuse to not perform.  People rely on me to do my job, take care of family, and support my community.  They expect this regardless of whether I'm sick or overworked or dealing with a death in the family.  An 80 hour work week does not preclude me from being at a soccer game 7 am Saturday morning, nor does it give me excuse to be an asshole to everyone else attending. 

Point being, Jon was given $96,000 to do a job and he needs to do it.  He needs to pick his sorry ass up off the floor and explain to all the backers why he's 2 years past due on his promises

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 10:52:41 PM »
I'm not a big fan of using "personal problems" as an excuse to not perform.  People rely on me to do my job, take care of family, and support my community.  They expect this regardless of whether I'm sick or overworked or dealing with a death in the family.  An 80 hour work week does not preclude me from being at a soccer game 7 am Saturday morning, nor does it give me excuse to be an asshole to everyone else attending. 

Point being, Jon was given $96,000 to do a job and he needs to do it.  He needs to pick his sorry ass up off the floor and explain to all the backers why he's 2 years past due on his promises

I'm at this point, too.

I have a lot of "personal problems", but if I let them affect my professional life like he has, I'd be out of a job.

How the hell is ANYONE being an apologist right now?
www.eXplorminate.com - 4X News from 4X Fans!

Steam
    Windows 8.1
    English
    i7 3.2 Ghz, 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 770
    1920x1080

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2016, 11:22:47 PM »
I'm sorry but I am not an apologist.

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016, 03:07:16 PM »
I've joined the kickstarter and for three years I've followed and enjoyd all of Shafer updates and designer talks, that I've found very interesting - and gradually everything has descended into silence. I liked the concept of the game in 2013, and I still like it and I still wish to see it completed.
I've not paid for the alpha so I've only seen the videos, and I was eager to play it, because of its originality and the historic theme.

Every now and then I lurk the forums to see if there are news, and everytime I'm disappointed and this hurts me.
I hope Shafer and the rest of the team are still working on the game, I hope that nothing bad has happened, and that he isn't suffering a burnout.
I know, these are only personal thoughts: the only thing I really want is an update on the general status of the project.

Frankly I want to trust him, all this time he seemed to me very committed and enthusiastic about At The Gates.
And if the worst case scenario happens, please release the alpha to all the backers.

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 11:40:36 AM »
Apparently the project is still alive - a new updated version was posted this week.
Humble
Windows 7  Pro SP1
English-US
GTX 750ti
1920 x1080

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »
Yup came here to post the same thing. Aug 11 was the date referenced IIRC.

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2016, 12:23:52 PM »
Played two games after update i august. Seems less stable, crashed couple of time, earlier build crashed only with neutral family merges into the camp.

Where are the release notes for the update?

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2016, 04:16:13 PM »
The latest build was posted September 2nd. Just downloading it now, hopefully it fixes the crashiness.

C'mon Jon - time for an update. At least it seems like things are still happening, more or less. Somewhere else I read a post about some legal stuff preventing Jon from giving an update until the contract is signed/approved etc. Hopefully it all works out.

Seems a bit optimistic to hope that we could be only a few months away from having a finished game. But I'm definitely an optimist.
---
Heisenberg is out for a drive and is going quite fast. A cop pulls him over.
"Do you have any idea how fast you were going?" the cop asks him.
"I might have," replies Heisenberg, "but blast you, you just had to go and measure it!"

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »
I must say I loved goals weekly and miss those too.
Of cours MP would rock. At least AI doing something

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 02:36:42 PM »
Last update I've seen (on the kickstarter page) was that everything public facing was on hold while he discussed the project with investors (I guess to finance the final push, and get a few more full time developers on board to finish it?)
Humble
Windows 7  Pro SP1
English-US
GTX 750ti
1920 x1080