Author Topic: This game isn't coming out.  (Read 34028 times)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
Re: This game isn't coming out.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 02:15:01 PM »
Thanks Rick, it's good to be back!

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »
Hey Jon, good to see you communicating again.

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 07:55:48 AM »
Good God. I knew it was health related. Heres one family doc if you ever need advice just ask.
Get well first is the main thing.

As a sidenote. You see how too much booze and chicks can be the death of you!

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 04:39:23 AM »
So I bought the game and it is great - one of the BEST games I played in years. I really hope it will be done one day. And I hope you are well mr. Schaffer as I liked your work on Civ IV and V!

Re: Update
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 08:28:12 AM »
Hey all, apologies for the lengthy radio silence. I've been dealing with some health issues the past few months and had to take some time off. I'm back in the saddle as of today though, so no need to worry about whether the game will be finished or not - you should start seeing updates to the game again next week!

- Jon

Hey Jon,

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle and feeling better.

Dale
  • Steam
  • Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10
  • Intel i5
  • 4 GB RAM

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 04:01:00 PM »

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 10:55:07 AM »
How does one post empty post?

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 11:12:50 PM »
How far along is the game by percentage ?

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2016, 05:02:56 AM »
Id say 60-70%. You can play and have fun. Quests arent polished and some smalish bugs, rest is playable!

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 12:50:26 PM »
But it does not have a real AI right? Only a very basic prototype that isn't a challenge.
Running through Steam
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1
OS language is German
AMD Athlon II X3 450 Triple Core 3.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6870 with 1 GB RAM
Resolution is Full HD

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 09:48:28 AM »
The game system itself is fairly challenging - managing your tribes, moving your base camp as the seasons change and resources are used up, keeping everyone fed and supplied.
Humble
Windows 7  Pro SP1
English-US
i7-4770 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB Ram
GTX 750ti
1920 x1080

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 12:03:33 AM »
Yup,
Not much space for AI there,
Just to have other tribes more active and Romans of course.

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 05:22:49 PM »
Maybe I'm biased (I am) because shafer ruined civ with civ5

Ug.

I had to register just to completely disagree with this.

Yeah, some people don't like change and didn't like some of the core changes but for me, Civ 5 is by far the best iteration of the game and even today, years after release, when I check http://steamcharts.com/ Civ 5 is still one of the top 10 played games - every day (47k users as of this posting), along with selling roughly 7 million copies as of a year ago (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/civilization-v-sold-over-7-million-copies-on-pc-32084533/), so apparently a lot of people disagree with you.

50k active users/day 6 years after release and 7m copies for a strategy game is pretty sick and doesn't happen to "ruined" games.

The core of Civ 5 is so good that they're keeping a lot of it for Civ 6 too, vs the major shifts between 4 and 5, so apparently Firaxis disagrees with you as well.

Two core things that I doubt will EVER change back from Civ 5 are 1 UPT and hexes (Civ VI is bending 1UPT rules a smidge but it's still going to pretty much be 1 combat unit per tile).  Why?  Vastly superior to squares and stacks of cheese.

As with most complex strategy games, the game got better and more robust with xpacs (same as EU IV, GC2, and many more), but the core of the game has always been there...

I'd say for his first AAA game at a pretty young age at the time, he did pretty well for himself.

I thank Jon for helping take Civ to new heights and helping make the best iteration of Civ.  He doesn't get nearly enough credit for it.

PS - Been following ATG and hoping for a great game to materialize some day.

Regards,
Voqar

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 06:04:46 PM »
Yeah, some people don't like change and didn't like some of the core changes but for me, Civ 5 is by far the best iteration of the game and even today, years after release, when I check http://steamcharts.com/ Civ 5 is still one of the top 10 played games - every day (47k users as of this posting), along with selling roughly 7 million copies as of a year ago (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/civilization-v-sold-over-7-million-copies-on-pc-32084533/), so apparently a lot of people disagree with you.

50k active users/day 6 years after release and 7m copies for a strategy game is pretty sick and doesn't happen to "ruined" games.

That only shows it's popular, not good.

A lot of people don't like Civ5 as it went more tactical then strategic.  This is valid.
A lot of people like Civ5 as it went more tactical than strategic.  This is also valid.
  • Steam
  • Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10
  • Intel i5
  • 4 GB RAM

Re: Update
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 02:28:51 PM »
Hey all, apologies for the lengthy radio silence. I've been dealing with some health issues the past few months and had to take some time off. I'm back in the saddle as of today though, so no need to worry about whether the game will be finished or not - you should start seeing updates to the game again next week!

- Jon
I am happy to read you have overcome those issues, while sad you had to suffer them.

Haven't been playing in a long time, but pleased to see you are still alive and kicking.

I do hope that you don't sink under the pressure of it all, including any money related issues. You have one patient supporter in me.
  • Humble
  • Windows 7.1 Home Premium 64bit
  • Denmark/ Danish
  • Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40 Ghz 3.80 GHz 8Gb
  • GeForce GTX 560 4Gb
  • 1280 x 1074 (75Hz)