Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 4!  (Read 2715 times)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
Sony PlayStation 4!
« on: February 20, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »
I'm kind of a gaming industry news junkie, so I get jazzed any time there's a big announcement.

And in case you were wondering: no, ATG will not be coming to PS4, sorry. :P

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

Re: Sony PlayStation 4!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 05:42:57 PM »
no, ATG will not be coming to PS4, sorry. :P

Well, I never expected it to be released on PS4. ;) But talking about consoles raises some questions for me: Are you basically ruling out any console ports in advance? Or are you planning to think about this possibility at a later point in time, maybe when the final version is released and proves to be a success? Like it was done with Civ:Rev...

I mean, AtG is written in C#, right? Are you guys using XNA or something? I'm not sure if you ever talked about the technology involved (maybe I missed it), but if you're using XNA for your Windows version (for example) this shouldn't (theoretically) be too hard to run on Xbox 360.

Maybe you could shed some light on this? What's your opinion on this topic?

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:45:01 PM »
But talking about consoles raises some questions for me: Are you basically ruling out any console ports in advance? Or are you planning to think about this possibility at a later point in time, maybe when the final version is released and proves to be a success? Like it was done with Civ:Rev...

I mean, AtG is written in C#, right? Are you guys using XNA or something? I'm not sure if you ever talked about the technology involved (maybe I missed it), but if you're using XNA for your Windows version (for example) this shouldn't (theoretically) be too hard to run on Xbox 360.

Maybe you could shed some light on this? What's your opinion on this topic?

Yes, AtG is written in XNA/C#.

As for ports, it depends on what you mean. We already have Mac and Linux versions of the game running, and we've committed to creating an iOS version. I am ruling out any platforms that use a controller though, as I'm just not happy with the user experience for UI-heavy strategy games. You noted CivRev, which was built with consoles in mind, but AtG is a PC game through-and-through. Making the game work on a console would require a fair bit of retooling to even work, let alone be good. The iOS port is an experiment on both the game and business side, and it may or may not work out and be the last attempt we make.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 06:06:39 PM »
I know that it's a hard sale to make considering its userbase size. But what would your thoughts be on a Vita version. It has a gorgeous Oled touchscreen and a back touchpad that could be used to map scroll and zoom unobtrusively without fingers in front of the game. There seems to be an independent games announcement spike on the last few weeks and I know (anecdotally from GAF mainly) that the Vita userbase is hungry for games and will buy regardless of genre or name and more based on quality. Don't need to mince words, I know that a Vita version is impossible. ;) Just to figure out if this device features could work for a game like this.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »
I know that it's a hard sale to make considering its userbase size. But what would your thoughts be on a Vita version. It has a gorgeous Oled touchscreen and a back touchpad that could be used to map scroll and zoom unobtrusively without fingers in front of the game. There seems to be an independent games announcement spike on the last few weeks and I know (anecdotally from GAF mainly) that the Vita userbase is hungry for games and will buy regardless of genre or name and more based on quality. Don't need to mince words, I know that a Vita version is impossible. ;) Just to figure out if this device features could work for a game like this.

I'm one of the biggest Vita fanboys out there, and I agree that it would be awesome to get AtG on there. The chances of that happening are pretty low though. :) While there's a chance a port wouldn't be too tough, I honestly have no idea what the tech requirements for the platform are. The screen is pretty small too, which doesn't make it impossible but does reduce the viability. However, it is something I'd like to at least look into it at some point. Are there any Vita games that basically use only the touchscreen?

- Jon

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 03:52:52 PM »
Im buying iOS version ASAP.
you do know there is King of dragon pass....and a sequel of sorts in the works?