Author Topic: Modding or Enabling Unlimited Resources as in Civ V?  (Read 4331 times)

Modding or Enabling Unlimited Resources as in Civ V?
« on: October 13, 2015, 11:21:11 AM »
This may not be possible, but I wanted to inquire as to the possibility of modifying the simulation to allow for unlimited resources (similar to Civ V), and for playing similar to Civ V. For some reason, the limited resources and constantly having to relocate are not gratifying or satisfying, and I quickly lose interest in continuing playing.

This is not meant to be construed as negative criticism, rather an enquiry into the possibility of modification concerning resources.  Please consider this. The seasonal change mechanisms are awesome, and the map and associated graphics, including the UI are excellent.  I think this change would make the game much more gratifying and rewarding to play.
Steam
Wndows 7 Professional 64 Bit
English
Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA)
1920 X 1080

Re: Modding or Enabling Unlimited Resources as in Civ V?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 05:39:44 PM »
I've actually really enjoyed the limitations of resource restrictions thus far. It makes for some interesting choices and adds some tension beyond your normal conflicts with barbarians and other tribes. I like planning out the next couple areas I want to settle and making sure I have the right professions to capitalize on it. It's a unique spin on the 4x genre. 
  • Steam version
  • Windows 10, 64-bit
  • English
  • Intel Core i5-3330 @ 3.00GHz
  • Updated (1/18/16): Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
  • 1920 x 1080

Re: Modding or Enabling Unlimited Resources as in Civ V?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »
well, we should be settling after a while, and get some tech to prolong or make resources immortal with time....I mean mines, with ancient tech, its not going to deplete coal mine, is it?