Author Topic: Welcome to the Conifer Forums!  (Read 5338 times)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
Welcome to the Conifer Forums!
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »
Thanks for stopping by everyone!

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

Re: Welcome to the Conifer Forums!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »
Woohoo!  When can I play?!?  :)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »
For $80, you'll be able to play in just a few short months! ;)

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »
I need this game now. NOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!! Don't make me come over there! :-D

-Brad

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »
For $80, you'll be able to play in just a few short months! ;)

- Jon

Drat, I only joined at the $25 level. Maybe we can work out a chipotle for beta access deal.

Fox

• Official Troll (Art Director)
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »
its cool i was gonna sneak a build into work

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 12:47:58 AM »
When would you get access to the design documents at the $125 level? After the kickstarter ends?
Game design is the fusion of art and structure, the domain of the Architect.. - me, just now.

Proud owner of a digital hug and official backer of At The Gates.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:38:35 AM »
When would you get access to the design documents at the $125 level? After the kickstarter ends?
They'll be made available late March-ish. Have to do some cleanup work!

- Jon

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 06:36:40 PM »
Just to warn you Jon, I don't want your new forums to go to crap, I've seen that "Frogboy" around on other forums...and he's trouble. 

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »
@Lord Xia that's what forum mods are for.

Speaking of which, will forum mods be a thing? You should probably think about that if you ever have trouble doing it yourself or if you don't want to spend the time.
Game design is the fusion of art and structure, the domain of the Architect.. - me, just now.

Proud owner of a digital hug and official backer of At The Gates.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 11:24:40 PM »
Just to warn you Jon, I don't want your new forums to go to crap, I've seen that "Frogboy" around on other forums...and he's trouble.

I'm pretty merciless with the ban hammer, so I'm not at all worried about this so-called frogman you speak of.

@Lord Xia that's what forum mods are for.

Speaking of which, will forum mods be a thing? You should probably think about that if you ever have trouble doing it yourself or if you don't want to spend the time.

My hope is that I'll be able to remain active on the forums as long as we keep making games. :) For now our community is pretty small and civil, but if the need arises we might one day appoint mods. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

- Jon

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 07:20:13 PM »
Thanks for the hearty welcome and good luck for the endavour. :) As much as I like betas and whould like an early peak at that one. my own real life gets ever busier and so I have to pass on the beta tier for this one.

Also good luck for the trials and tribulations that are bound to come from running your own company. Don't believe you'll get any good free time any time soon :P. Have been seeing a very young person (25 now 26 Years) do the same step from very close proximity the last year and I applaud the guts (sums are on a whole other level here but your endavour is also not the smallest one exactly). Boy that was one wild ride for her.
Remember to always get back up again after stumbling and roll with the blows.
Was minding going a simmilar route about 7 Years ago in my main field of professional interest/now more or less expertise when I was roughly the same age but didn't for having to care for someone in my family and now after about a decade on the existential brink I have lost the appetite (maybe: for now...). Didn't forget what drives the appetite though and am happy some people that age have the guts and the conditions to take the plunge.

Yay! for the choice to go true 2D Expierience TM (:P) btw. hope more and more indies kiss the 3D hype in TBS goodbye. Hope your Artist gets some nice sprites going when the game goes gold (won't scoff at a good game that doesn't though...).

Qestion about the paypal contribution: If i contributed exactly one of the tiers via Paypal do you still need a mail or am I set?

PS: On commenting in your own forums: Hope you don't get badly burned from that. Call me timid but the temptation to go clear name / full transparency even is something which whould scare me off in todays internet world. To much traces left, to many people with an axe to grind and no way to undo what was said and done. Hope you swing the bannhammer with enough traction to fling the people spewing true vitriol to the point of personal damage into outer Orbit... and don't get burned to early. People in real meetings can be a scary enough bunch (especially in executive level meetings) but having a meeting with the whole world without beeing able to sensibly draw a curtain anywhere: Bleugh not for me.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:34:02 PM by Blackmantle »

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 11:00:52 PM »
Qestion about the paypal contribution: If i contributed exactly one of the tiers via Paypal do you still need a mail or am I set?
That's all you really need to do, no worries.

PS: On commenting in your own forums: Hope you don't get badly burned from that. Call me timid but the temptation to go clear name / full transparency even is something which whould scare me off in todays internet world. To much traces left, to many people with an axe to grind and no way to undo what was said and done. Hope you swing the bannhammer with enough traction to fling the people spewing true vitriol to the point of personal damage into outer Orbit... and don't get burned to early. People in real meetings can be a scary enough bunch (especially in executive level meetings) but having a meeting with the whole world without beeing able to sensibly draw a curtain anywhere: Bleugh not for me.
It is possible, sure. I've been on forums now for well over a decade and have a pretty good idea of what goes on though. I very much invite everyone to come by and enjoy some pleasant, intelligent discourse. I don't put up with drama though, so any issues will be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly. Evildoers, you have been warned!

- Jon

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »
any issues will be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly. Evildoers, you have been warned!

- Jon

Damn! And there I was planning world domination via the 'At the Gates' forums. Guess I'll have to stick to plotting in my hollowed out volcano.

Seriously though, thanks for the welcome and its really nice to see a creator actively engaging with the community.

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 01:08:28 AM »
Amen to that!  Looking forward to witnessing creativity in motion...