Author Topic: This game isn't coming out.  (Read 32900 times)

Re: This game isn't coming out.
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 10:00:00 AM »
Maybe I'm biased (I am) because shafer ruined civ with civ5

Ug.

I had to register just to completely disagree with this.

Off topic but this forum is as dead as the game so lets argue!

Shafer copy pasted panzer general onto civ.  It made for an interesting early game but the late game suffered greatly and became a tedious slog of traffic management.  Ever play a big country in continents and try to do a naval invasion?  Its the 8th circle of hell.

I welcome the addition of tactics but it wasnt well thought out or implemented.  Civ6 is iterating upon this way more than the smidge you hint at.  The concept of armies that encompass several units into 1 is a great solution and models combat width, a concept that civ5 really needed.

If you havent hit the mod scene, the mod that makes it 2 units per hex makes the game so much more enjoyable, and furthers the whole tactics theme.  The fact that things like this werent iterated during civ5 dev makes me wonder.  It only took me one playthrough to see how awful it was that the system didnt scale with era.

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 11:05:26 AM »
I welcome the addition of tactics but it wasnt well thought out or implemented.  Civ6 is iterating upon this way more than the smidge you hint at.  The concept of armies that encompass several units into 1 is a great solution and models combat width, a concept that civ5 really needed.

Soooo... Endless Legends then?
Doing Let's Plays primarily featuring Roguelikes, Strategy, Adventure, First Person Shooter, and Indie.

Visit my YouTube Channel at DFuxa Plays on YouTube for pending At The Gates Let's Plays.

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 04:18:05 PM »
Lol, Kotaku blew up saying the same thing about EL when this update was posted.

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 05:58:46 AM »
I am also waiting.