Author Topic: Progress Updates  (Read 25914 times)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
Progress Updates
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:18:16 AM »
Because it's usually a month or two between major updates (and when they do finally appear they tend to be... a little long) I've started providing daily progress updates via the official Conifer Games Twitter. In case Twitter isn't your cup of tea I've added the feed to the AtG website and also post everything to our Facebook and Google+ pages. Edit: The updates are now also posted to our official subreddit - along with this very thread!

The daily updates offer a new way to stay plugged into all things AtG, but we'll still be posting beefier updates for those who prefer reading consolidated, high-level summaries.

- Jon
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:24:23 AM by Jon Shafer »
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

Re: Daily Progress Updates
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 02:17:21 AM »
Fun with up to date you can track the progress of the work.

Are Christmas holidays we can count on a new video game? : D

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 07:28:26 AM »
Hey Jon, you can write something more about diplomacy and religion? Or post a new video game? Give us a gift to celebrate the new year  ;) From Twiter are cool but they have too little information about the game.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 10:46:09 PM »
Ah, sorry for not replying sooner Piotr. A couple weeks back I opened this thread up in a tab of its own so that I wouldn't forget it... but my computer crashed before I got around to it. ::)

I'll be posting a big update and a new gameplay video in mid-January. For the past couple months I've been spending most of my time perfecting AtG's economy (mainly coming up with a nearly-complete list of Resources and Professions, along with final roles for each), so that's what I'll be covering this time around.

In the next-next update I'll be focusing on diplomacy with both the Romans and other tribes. I expect to post that one sometime in March or April once I have a clear idea of how everything will fit together in the final game.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 11:14:11 PM »
Looking forward to it, Happy New Year!
  • Steam
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • English
  • Intel i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce 650Ti
  • 1900x1200

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 02:59:26 AM »
Great news! I'm looking forward to getting all new information, especially the new game play. When I was playing the last game play again, I noticed the representants of clans. I was thinking and thinking, I looked through my book collection and I've found:

Ulfert

Baldric

Sorel  This clan has especially old roots  ;)

:D

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 09:30:18 AM »
Haha, nice find Piotr! Yeah, we needed to grab as many placeholder clan portraits as we could, and those old Osprey books are one of the only good sources for that era.

- Jon

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »
Yes, Osprey's books are great and have amazing illustrations. It's very good that you, as creators of the fifth century game, use adequate graphics. Attention to historic detail is really important.

You previously mentioned a mid-January update and game-play video. When is it coming? I can't wait :) I'll recognize all clans with time ;)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 08:12:27 PM »
Haha, I'm actually writing the update as I type this! Well, not literally, but you know what I mean. I'll also be recording the video here in the next few days, and they'll both be up by the end of the week.

- Jon

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 06:33:19 AM »
Three days without an update on Twitter. I feel that today will be a big upgrade and second film from the game.

:)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »
Sorry for the wait! Some things came up and I had to put the update aside for a few days. Both should be up tomorrow though.

- Jon

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 09:50:34 AM »
Great :) I'm looking and I hope that tomorrow will read and Let's watch the evening news from the game :D

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 12:44:28 PM »

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
April 21 Progress Update
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 11:26:10 AM »
Editor's Note: Going to start posting these directly to this thread as well! Without further ado...

April 21 Progress Update

Finished logic for 'smart' tooltips that can have collapsible panels and even nested tooltips of their own.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
April 23 Progress Update (WARNING: JARGON)
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 05:32:51 PM »
April 23 Progress Update

(WARNING: JARGON)

Created a 'SmartEnum' that allows implicit casting and makes it possible to encapsulate type-unique logic (unlike the built-in C# type). In the off chance you haven't, you know, spent the last twenty years of your life programming computers that basically means coding the game should now be much easier!