Author Topic: 2014 October 16 - First Developer "Let's Play" Video  (Read 4266 times)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
2014 October 16 - First Developer "Let's Play" Video
« on: October 16, 2014, 05:15:49 PM »
Hey all, I'll keep the post short because you'll hear me talking plenty more in the video! Make sure to watch in HD so that the art and text aren't garbled by whatever YouTube defaults to.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

Re: 2014 October 16 - First Developer "Let's Play" Video
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
I love the artwork.  I watched all of this, I was enthralled.  Very excited to play this game.  Really impressed so far.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »
Thanks Xia! Can't wait until the game is finally ready. :)

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »
Yeah great video! I really enjoyed watching how far the game has come. Will there be more?

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:44:09 AM »
That was one persuasive video.  :)

As a Kickstarter supporter (at the $30 level) I went and got myself an Early Access bundle so I could get in on all the fun today. I am looking forward to being part of the process.
  • Humble
  • Windows 7.1 Home Premium 64bit
  • Denmark/ Danish
  • Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40 Ghz 3.80 GHz 8Gb
  • GeForce GTX 560 4Gb
  • 1280 x 1074 (75Hz)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 01:26:53 PM »
Thanks guys! We still have a ways to go but the game is definitely shaping up. I'm obviously a bit biased, but I think we've got something special brewing here.

Yeah great video! I really enjoyed watching how far the game has come. Will there be more?

Yep! No real schedule yet, but I'll definitely be posting more Let's Plays and doing some livestreaming. Might even continue that same game. :)

- Jon

UsF

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »
Is there any rule regarding Testers being able to make videos about the game? I assume it is restricted/limited, because it is still in development and gameplay wise it could change dramatically.
  • Steam
  • Windows 7 Home Premium x64
  • Germany
  • Intel i5 2500
  • Nvidia GTX 770
  • 1680 x 1050 (game set to 1600 x 900)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »
You are correct. We'll be relaxing the rules as we get closer to the release date, but for now we still ask that test group members refrain from publicly sharing videos, screenshots, and info about the game. Personally, I'd love to completely open things up now, but the court of public opinion can be both harsh and unfair, and so even a little indie studio like Conifer has to at least pay lip-service to the whole marketing/PR dance.

- Jon

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 04:44:21 PM »
The video was very encouraging and it's nice to see how far the game has come along. I especially like the artistic direction it has taken.
"We, the most distant dwellers upon the earth, the last of the free, have been shielded...by our remoteness and by the obscurity which has shrouded our name...Beyond us lies no nation, nothing but waves and rocks"    Calgacus

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 08:20:41 AM »
I watched three times the entire game. It promises to be very interesting and I'm looking forward to the next film. I hope that we will see something about diplomacy, religion and more aspects of the military. Great graphics  :D