Author Topic: Offfworld Trading Company  (Read 6769 times)

Offfworld Trading Company
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:25:11 AM »
Soren Johnson's new game now has a name and a website! Looking forward to the development streams and testing it in my local LAN group. 
  • Hardware: AMD Phenom X4, 8Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce 560 @ 1680x1050

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
Re: Offfworld Trading Company
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 02:18:47 PM »
Streaming and the whole concept of 'live' development is actually a topic Soren and I have chatted about quite a bit the past few months. He's been encouraging me to open things up on AtG, and as much as I genuinely would love to, I just think it's too risky with a single-player strategy game so early in development (as many of you already know!). Titles with a multiplayer focus are in a very different boat, as you don't have to worry about broken or incomplete diplomacy/AI mucking things up.

Still, I am hoping AtG will be far enough along that we can start loosening the screws and let our awesome Test Group show off their hard work later this year or early next. :) Marketing and PR are completely different now from what they were 5-10 years ago, and you really need a community on your side if you want your game to do well.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!