Author Topic: Like your ambition  (Read 6157 times)

Like your ambition
« on: February 06, 2013, 07:18:50 PM »
IF At the Gates gets too complex how about Neandertal, then the sequel can be Cromag, just think about it please

Fox

• Official Troll (Art Director)
Re: Like your ambition
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 10:57:08 PM »
lol wut?

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 07:15:51 PM »
We've got some fun ideas in the works - definitely looking forward to making more awesome games after we wrap up ATG. :)

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:43:36 PM »
Well, the Fall of Rome is a under utilized time period in games, but Neanderthal vs Cro Magnon is even more so.  Time for those uppity Cro Magnon to get their comeuppance.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:48:35 PM »
Well, the Fall of Rome is a under utilized time period in games, but Neanderthal vs Cro Magnon is even more so.  Time for those uppity Cro Magnon to get their comeuppance.

I believe that Cro Magnon got the advantage when they domesticated Ponies (j/k). Sorry to start so early.
  • Steam
  • Windows 7 HP, SP1
  • English (Australia)
  • i7 2.67Ghz, 64
  • GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  • 1920x1080

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
That's true, but it also hurt the Neanderthal when the Cro Magnon hunted the Neanderthal's domesticated Unicorns into extinction.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »
A strategy game about caveman does sound kind of awesome. I'm pretty bummed that Gas Powered Games' Wildman looks like it's never going to see the light of day. Maybe I'll have to tackle the subject one of these years!

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 03:31:46 PM »
Very interested in following in your footsteps someday, and thank you for giving important insight into your past, present, and future.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »
that's a concept i've always liked, and never seen made.
the closest i've seen to it is the original AOE's early stages, when you were still slightly hunter gatherer; but still, that's not it yet.

for years i've had these ideas for a strategy game set in the times of early man,
before being settled,
like you guy's mentioned, instead of empires/civilizations, it'd be the different hominid species, cromagnum, neanderthal, aflorensis, etc.
and intead of cities, you'd have packs or tribes.
and then there's the whole thing about discovering agriculture, developing warfare, inventing tools.

i'm sure it'd make for a great game!

sorry, i just had to share!