Author Topic: Supporter Badges  (Read 8955 times)

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
Supporter Badges
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:24:40 PM »
EDIT: Rather than going through everyone manually, if you'd like a "Supporter" badge and contributed to AtG through Kickstarter or PayPal, just send me a PM mentioning how you donated and the email address associated with the account you used to do so.

I've started adding these to people's accounts. There are still some kinks to work out (I want the image but not the text), and it'll be a while before I get to everyone, so sorry if I don't get to you for a while. Manually modifying hundreds, if not thousands of accounts takes a while!

- Jon
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:58:15 AM by Jon Shafer »
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

Re: Supporter Badges
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »
Understood!  Will there be different badges for the different levels?  Supporter, Beta Supporter, Alpha Supporter?  I don't know if you can use those badges to put members in different categories, but I'm guessing in the future when we get to those stages of the game you'll want to have a walled off section of the forum for those people in those groups to discuss their findings without it being public until you're ready to release said details.  Having those badges be different for different support levels will make giving people access to different sections easier.
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
Intel i7-3930K 6-Core @ 3.20 GHz
16 GB RAM
PCIe SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB
AtG Steam Version

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 01:36:28 PM »
There will be one set of badges for anyone who contributes at least $10 to any of Conifer's games. Alpha and beta testing groups, etc. will be handled under the hood with group membership.

- Jon
If you have any questions, please send me a private message here on the forums or an email at [Contact@ConiferGames.com]. Thanks for your support!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »
Instead of "Supporter" can mine say "Pimp"?

A small, reasonable request...

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 05:38:20 PM »
I've started adding these to people's accounts. There are still some kinks to work out (I want the image but not the text), and it'll be a while before I get to everyone, so sorry if I don't get to you for a while. Manually modifying hundreds, if not thousands of accounts takes a while!

- Jon

Crowdfunding seems to have worked out okay for you guys so far. Have you considered looking into crowdsourcing some of these kind of tasks to community volunteers?

My biggest worry going forward is the overall administrative overhead tax on your time.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
I know there was more than 3,000 supporters.  If they all make accounts, you have to individually assign the supporter badge to all of them?  You should start a kickstarter to fund a new employee to do that for you.

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »
Oh, I've been tempted. ;)

Quote from: Lensar
Crowdfunding seems to have worked out okay for you guys so far. Have you considered looking into crowdsourcing some of these kind of tasks to community volunteers?

My biggest worry going forward is the overall administrative overhead tax on your time.

It won't be too bad, just a day or two in total. I'm starting from people who are actually active on the forum (that I can cross-reference via email with our Kickstarter database), and will probably add folks manually, rather than going through the entire list.

- Jon

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 06:14:16 PM »
Alright! At this point I've added badges to all accounts that have 1) posted at least once, and 2) have responded to the Kickstarter survey that was emailed last week in which I asked whether or not you'd like a badge.

If I've missed you for some reason (sent in the survey later, contributed via PayPal, etc.) send me a PM here or an email (Jon.Shafer@ConiferGames.com) with the email address from your Kickstarter or PayPal account. In the meantime, I'll keep plugging away slowly, but surely. :)

- Jon

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 08:56:52 AM »
Glad to be a supporter, hope you get more.
Doing Let's Plays primarily featuring Roguelikes, Strategy, Adventure, First Person Shooter, and Indie.

Visit my YouTube Channel at DFuxa Plays on YouTube for pending At The Gates Let's Plays.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »
<sniff>
  • Steam
  • Windows 7 HP, SP1
  • English (Australia)
  • i7 2.67Ghz, 64
  • GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  • 1920x1080

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 07:22:38 AM »
Then I make my first post here so I can get the Badge  ;D

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 06:50:07 AM »
Then I make my first post here so I can get the Badge  ;D

Me too:)

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »
where is my badges :-(

Jon Shafer

• Lord of the Forest
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 04:59:45 PM »
where is my badges :-(

Just sent you a private message here on the forums.

- Jon

Sponsor Badges
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »
Definitely excited about this game!  I was just curious how those of us who Kickstarted AtG go about getting our Sponsor Badges.  Anyone know?

Thanks!
DrTrygga